nate

Random pics or Gifs for no reason

6,577 posts in this topic

let me call a buddy of mine who's an expert in hurricane-related carnival archaeology.

Rick: "I am having lunch with my buddy Tank later today, I will let you know what it is worth afterward."

I like American Pickers a lot. It only seems completely staged sometimes. I don't like Pawn Stars. I like the dad. Rick and his obese son are annoying as hell. Chumlee is funny, but he's not in it enough. Plus, I can't stand how badly they lowball the people when they buy the stuff. Although, I have had to pawn a few things over the years and they really do lowball you.

Welcome to capitalism and the free market. Basic economics, buy low/sell high. Also a situation of leverage as the shop doesn't need to buy the items, while in most cases people need the money.

The worst is that Detroit pawn shop show with the ghetto people.

Am I the only person on these boards that enjoys American Pickers and Pawn Stars?  I enjoy the history behind the stuff they find.

I enjoyed them for awhile and now they both of gotten old to me.  

Welcome to capitalism and the free market. Basic economics, buy low/sell high. Also a situation of leverage as the shop doesn't need to buy the items, while in most cases people need the money.

The worst is that Detroit pawn shop show with the ghetto people.

I crack up watching that show.  The owner thug guy with the gold chains doesn't take crap.  You can tell he grew up on the streets.

The only thing that annoys me are the two kids, especially the daugher.