Glen

What are you listening to?

660 posts in this topic

Or New music, or music you've just discovered.

Just saw Caro Emerald on VH1. Dig this song and the video, good retro vibe and smooth vocals. And yes, of course I would.

I feel like I should have heard of this guy a long time ago but have just recenty discovered him. I'm obsessed now.

Not bad at all, and the CD is on sale at amazon for $6.99 right now.  I see an impulse buy in my immediate future.

One of my favorites from last year, Million Dollar Reload:

Just heard these guys the other day. Amazing throwback to The Zombies/Beatles/13th Floor Elevators

And Kadavar that are awesome new psych/stoner rock

Glen...if you end up liking The Virginmarys album, let me know and I'll send you some extra stuff that is available via import. I bought their EPs and debut via import and have some great extras.

Glen...if you end up liking The Virginmarys album, let me know and I'll send you some extra stuff that is available via import. I bought their EPs and debut via import and have some great extras.

Thanks man!  I'll let ya know.

Saw Robert Randolph and the Slide Bros last night at Royce Hall. If you're into sacred steel, that's like Hendrix, Clapton, Page, and Stevie Ray together in one room.

Just heard these guys the other day. Amazing throwback to The Zombies/Beatles/13th Floor Elevators

Good call. The guy sounds exactly like Colin Blunstone when it's mellow and then changes to his Roky Erickson voice when he's yelling. And the main guitar lick sounds like the intro to the Beatles' tune I Call Your Name. Good stuff.

Good call. The guy sounds exactly like Colin Blunstone when it's mellow and then changes to his Roky Erickson voice when he's yelling. And the main guitar lick sounds like the intro to the Beatles' tune I Call Your Name. Good stuff.

They toured as Roky Erickson's back up band in 2008. Must have been one hell of a tour.

I don't know if anyone here is into Black Metal but it's on of my favorite genres and a friend of mine just introduced me to them.

Kid Cudi - Indicud

Cudder does it again. Fantastic.

I don't know if anyone here is into Black Metal but it's on of my favorite genres and a friend of mine just introduced me to them.

Check out Iced Earth, especially their Something Wicked This Way Comes album.

Luke Bryan... Country music entertainer of the year!  Buzzkill

Crash my party too

Lucero is in town this weekend at the Echoplex in East LA Saturday night and the Belly Up in Solana Beach on Sunday. Best bar band I have ever seen. And I have seen a few.

Liked their first record, got better on the second and this one is topping them all. Came out today.

• Like 1

Good call on The Black Angels. Although not new, "Doves" is one of my favorites:

[media]

[media]

I thought I heard the new Skrillex single this morning. Turns out I hit the panic button on my car alarm by accident.

• Like 1