Glen

What are you listening to?

692 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Adam said:

Disney songs

ha ha. the car CD player is a fun journey for a few years. just wait till your daughter discovers her first boy band and insists on having their music playing in the car so she can impress her other 12-year old friends with how hip she is.

we still have 3 one direction CDs in the glove box . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tank said:

ha ha. the car CD player is a fun journey for a few years. just wait till your daughter discovers her first boy band and insists on having their music playing in the car so she can impress her other 12-year old friends with how hip she is.

we still have 3 one direction CDs in the glove box . . .

The Wiggles are playing at a theater the next town over (Montclair).

I can go and sing along to all their songs. It’s like my kids conditioned me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NJHalo said:

The Wiggles are playing at a theater the next town over (Montclair).

I can go and sing along to all their songs. It’s like my kids conditioned me

Yep. We're headed to Disneyland tomorrow and junior plans on playing Disney music the whole way there and the whole way back home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NJHalo said:

The Wiggles are playing at a theater the next town over (Montclair).

I can go and sing along to all their songs. It’s like my kids conditioned me

I wish my kids were into the wiggles when they were younger.  Instead they liked the Fresh Beat Band.  

F*ck those guys.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the dude abides said:

I wish my kids were into the wiggles when they were younger.  Instead they liked the Fresh Beat Band.  

F*ck those guys.

 

dora the explorer and veggie tales. she actually enjoyed listening to oldies with us and absorbed a lot more about it than we realized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tank said:

ha ha. the car CD player is a fun journey for a few years. just wait till your daughter discovers her first boy band and insists on having their music playing in the car so she can impress her other 12-year old friends with how hip she is.

we still have 3 one direction CDs in the glove box . . .

yeah..."your daughters"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tank said:

dora the explorer and veggie tales. she actually enjoyed listening to oldies with us and absorbed a lot more about it than we realized.

our enlisted leader (a master sergeant) wrote a piece that we performed at several concerts based on "Oh Where is My Hairbrush" from veggie tales

none of the marines in my unit had kids at the time, so we had no idea until he told us right after the last performance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This used to be one of my favorite threads in the hangout... weird to see that nobody has posted in months.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tank said:

please don't tell us how you found that video.

please.

My daughters volleyball team has a playlist for warmups.  This is one of the songs.

pretty good, huh?  Like Tori Amos meets Samara from “the ring”.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

My daughters volleyball team has a playlist for warmups.  This is one of the songs.

pretty good, huh?

i assume they benched whichever player brought that to their attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a new work car and of course it comes with 6 months of Sirius Satelite radio.  I have the presets set at MLB, Beatles, 80’s on 8, First Wave, Classic Vinyl and a country station for my wife.  

On longer car rides, like Havasu, my wife tends to drive because if she isn’t driving she gets car sick, so she picks the music and it is 90% country.  She has this other habit of playing music off of her iPod and literally skipping half of the songs.  Now I don’t buy a ton of music (other that what she has on her iPod) but I don’t think I skip much at all.  

On my flight yesterday to Chicago I listened to what I have downloaded and it is a collection of Morrisey, Smiths, Depeche Mode and Boingo.  Made the flight decent.  Before I fly home I think I will download Echo and the Bunnymen and Love and Rockets.  

Any suggestions for entire Albums to download?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options