Glen

What are you listening to?

666 posts in this topic

New Chvrches album coming out in September! The singer has a law degree and a masters in journalism.

You guys don't like my music so you won't like them, don't even watch this (no it's not country)

That wasn't too bad. I can see why they're likeable, though I don't like all the bedazzled stuff around her eyes.

In that spirit, please forgive me for the next post.

New Chvrches album coming out in September! The singer has a law degree and a masters in journalism.

You guys don't like my music so you won't like them, don't even watch this (no it's not country)

(and no this isn't a new song)

The Masters in Journalism was her second worst career move.

Saw Butch Walker last night at the Bootleg theatre. Holy crap, what a show. Whoever had the avatar with this band on it, thanks. I never heard of this guy before. Why hadn't I heard of this guy before???

Awesome performer.

Someone turned me onto these guys a couple weeks ago and I haven't been able to put anything else on since.  Usually super groups don't work out, but these guys really put together a solid album.  

http://youtu.be/fnMBix9Zq5o

Ritchie's vocals almost sound like Chris Cornell to me. They could use a couple of really strong songs, but those guys can all play the shit out of their instruments. I bet they sound great live too.

Ritchie's vocals almost sound like Chris Cornell to me. They could use a couple of really strong songs, but those guys can all play the shit out of their instruments. I bet they sound great live too.

He does sound a bit like Cornell, yeah.  I gotta say, I was expecting nothing but a shred-fest (and there's certainly enough of that in there), but I really dig the tunes!  Melodic and catchy.  I dig it! 

He sounds almost exactly like Chris Cornell.

Man, I never thought of that comparison before. This is one of my favorite Richie Kotzen songs, and now that I listen to it with that in mind, I can't not think of the comparison.

** NSFW **

Edited by Glen

Not a new group to me but one that seems to be gaining some steam lately. 

They're the folk rock band that deserves the attention Mumford's getting lately.

Old band, but I'm on a huge Dire Straits roll lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STMh9xCdzr8

Love the baseball game sounding organ on their songs like this.