Glen

What are you listening to?

731 posts in this topic

been listening to a lot of prog rock today while cleaning before the big game

here's a nice song that nobody in here has probably ever heard by Spock's Beard

I've been a fan of these guys since the late 90s. Don't really like the new lineup without NDV.

yeah, it's gone downhill for sure

Even though "Snow" was just OK, I thought that Neal Morse was the heart of the band.  I was surprised that they were still good with NDV being the focal point ("Octane" is still one of my favorites).  This last CD was good but I just don't have any desire to listen to it again.  I got to see them twice in concert, both shows were a blast.

For those of you who are classic blues fans...(or would like to start listening to it more), Amazon has a great pickup for 4.99...160+ songs. A lot of these are "lesser" known artists, and some great examples of earlier roots/delta blues.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TLUESW6/ref=pe_495930_134497710_pe_epc__1p_1_ti

Has anyone heard the new Violent Femmes song? Apparently they are releasing a ne EP on record store day. Also, Jack White has purchased and remastered the original Elvis recording. It is a single pressing 10" from 1953 due out on the same day.

Edited by Sully151

Heard these guys on Outlaw Country on XM, good stuff.  

excellent...I've added that to my investigate further list...I'd investigate further right now but I'm listening to The Bottle Rockets

I think my favorite thing right now is Sirius/XM Shade 45 but during the afternoon with Jude and Lord Sear. The best thing is this thing called Hate It Or Love It where an average Joe Blow trying to make it in rap/hip hop plays his track then people call in to like it or bash it. It's unrated so it is like a Jerry Springer episode of ghetto goodness.

Hammerfall.  The first band I ever discovered online.  Back in the days of the 33.6 modem there was an online radio station called Hard Radio.  They mostly played European heavy metal.  They are definitely not for everyone.  Similar to Iron Maiden, "Dungeon and Dragons" metal.  Legacy of Kings and Renegade are two top notch albums IMO.

Hammerfall - Back to Back (Pretty Maids Cover) was the song I heard.  I spent weeks trying to find one of their albums with no luck.  I eventually was able to order it for $40 from Germany.  After a few years they gained enough popularity in the US (I think probably thanks to fledgling online radio) that you could usually find their albums at the bigger music stores like Amoeba.

My personal favorite is probably Living in Victory off of Renegade.