Brandon

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

6,028 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:
  Hide contents

The killers have both been caught at the end of the previous seasons,

so I am under the impression that there is quite a bit of legal mumbo jumbo ahead in both shows.

there isn't 

Spoiler

in the case of Broadchurch, it's a completely different storyline/crime 

On 1/9/2019 at 11:05 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Derry Girls is very different from that.  

Damn. I liked it so much I've already watched it twice. The opening scene in E3 literally made me LOL. So much so that I had to pause it. 

Netflix:  The Haunting of Hill House.  I am not a big fan of horror type shows.  Although I like zombies for some reason.  In any case, this wasn't real true horror, just had that haunting theme.  And just IMO, it might have been the perfect series.  I just thought it was so well done, this series definitely shot to my top of the recommending list.  As I said, not a fan of the horror medium, so looking it up some more on the interwebs, it is considered one of the best horror/ghost novels of the 20th century.  It was such a good series, that I may have to get the book to see how it compares.  

Aquaman.  One of DC's better films.  But the story was cookie cutter, with everything being the standard predictable superhero story line.  Worth seeing on the big screen.  But can wait for cable.

Bumblebee.  This one wasn't Bayed and didn't drive you to seizures with everything in your face.  At least there was some sort of story to this.  The military side and Cena was kind of out of place.  But the Bumblebee and Charlie characters were good.  The Charlie character was a lot more grounded and within reality.  This movie had lots of flashbacks to the 80's.  This one you could wait for cable, but it's worth watching.  

On 1/9/2019 at 7:56 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Im actually not sure what I want to watch next... Nothing is particularly calling out to me. Some of my potential choices are Broadchurch season 2, The Fall season 3, The Man In The High Castle season 3, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 2... maybe I'll just do a re-watch of Game of Thrones. When is The Expanse season 3 going to be on streaming? Who's got a recommendation?

Another show I forgot... Ozark season 2. How was it for those who enjoyed season 1? 

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

Season finale of Ray Donovan as well.  

Worked well at tying up all the loose ends. Looks like they were not sure they would be back for another season, but definitely paves the way for Bridget to be more involved in the family business. 

That opening scene at Sandy's house was so morbidly comical. Brings back memories of some Sopranos scenes.

19 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Another show I forgot... Ozark season 2. How was it for those who enjoyed season 1? 

I think season 2 was better as it opened up many more concurrent storylines, and character development. 

10 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Saw the first 2 episodes.

Looks good so far and reminds me of the first season.

HBO was smart to air the first 2 episodes together.  It gets you pulled further into the story.  I also like that the time intervals are not confusing like Westworld. 

The only question is, watch it every week, or wait and binge watch it...

41 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

HBO was smart to air the first 2 episodes together.  It gets you pulled further into the story.  I also like that the time intervals are not confusing like Westworld. 

The only question is, watch it every week, or wait and binge watch it...

The episodes went quick and that's when I realized I was hooked and wanted to watch more.  At this point, waiting for the season to end so I can binge watch is not an option.

So far, much better than the 2nd season.

6 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

The episodes went quick and that's when I realized I was hooked and wanted to watch more.  At this point, waiting for the season to end so I can binge watch is not an option.

So far, much better than the 2nd season.

Season 2 was pretty bad...but you just knew that they could recover from it and rebound, because season 1 was so damn good. 

Ray D and True Detective tonight..sweet.