Brandon

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

6,150 posts in this topic

Last episode of Curse of Oak Island is very interesting.  I only wish they would provide more overhead views that show the full money pit and cove area.

Spoiler

Underwater cement wall?  That is crazy.  Cannot wait to see the full reveal of the cove dig.

8 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Last episode of Curse of Oak Island is very interesting.  I only wish they would provide more overhead views that show the full money pit and cove area.

Hide contents

Underwater cement wall?  That is crazy.  Cannot wait to see the full reveal of the cove dig.

That fuckin show is so maddening...every time watch it I feel cheap and hate myself afterward.

Can't for the life of me figure out why I bother...

Had a free showtime preview weekend and watched Operation Odessa.  The characters and story are so over the top you would think it's fiction.  Story centers on a guy who went by the name Tarzan that came to the US in 1980 from the Soviet Union, ends up in Miami where he meets guys who will move anything to anyone willing to pay and the story ends with three of them almost completing the sale of a Russian submarine to the Medellin Cartel.  They interview all three guys and one of the guys is interviewed at an undisclosed location in Africa as he's an international fugitive with a hit out on him by the cartel.  

From there I started Narcos Mexico and I'm liking it so far 3 episodes in.

2 hours ago, Keener said:

I haven't chimed in yet on True Detective.   

Some A+ acting, Ali is pretty incredible.  Story is picking up steam down the home stretch.  

Good stuff.

Yup.

So much better than the 2nd season.

The Americans: Just started watching season 1, and am up to episode 5. So far it is OK, nothing spectacular.

I know it is 6 seasons long, so it must be good. 

For those who have watched it, does it get better, or is this what to expect? I will probably stick with it, but hoping it picks up. 

10 hours ago, NJHalo said:

The Americans: Just started watching season 1, and am up to episode 5. So far it is OK, nothing spectacular.

For those who have watched it, does it get better, or is this what to expect? I will probably stick with it, but hoping it picks up. 

It was very hit or miss for me.  I really enjoyed a lot of it, and then there were some 'meh' stretches, sometimes in the same season.  

On the bright side, even when it was down, Keri Russell is pretty easy on the eyes.

On February 11, 2019 at 7:50 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Had a free showtime preview weekend and watched Operation Odessa

watched this last year and thought it was fantastic. 

12 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Season 1 was my least favorite. It gets better.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:23 AM, NJHalo said:

I thought it picked up steam the whole way along...just got better and better. Pay attention because some things that don't seem important at first come into play much later.

10 hours ago, Redondo said:

Bordertown season 2 is on Netflix. The main character goes about solving murders in an unusual way.

Lou, you might like this. Finnish film that needs subtitles.

watched S1. great show.

thanks