Brandon

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

6,543 posts in this topic

Amazon:  Mr. Robot.  Was an enjoyable series.  A bit of Halt and Catch Fire.  With some Live Free and Die Hard.  Then they had the Soprano's angle.  With a little bit of Legion mixed in.  Really had you thinking through the 3 seasons.  Guess there is a 4th and final coming out.  

Avengers:  End Game.  Finally was able to see it.  Annoying kid whinning through the entire movie.  Then the English feed went out right at the start of the big battle.  But outside of that, was enjoyable.  Some minor things I didn't like.  Like how everyone was handling the infinity stones like they were nothing.  And they seemed to be going really heavy to go PC.  But it definitely did intertwine all of the movies and made for a very good end to phase 3.  Worth seeing in the movies, especially if you are invested in the other Avengers movies.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, Slegnaac said:

HBO - Chernobyl miniseries 

Two episodes in, very interesting and scary.  The initial denial by the officials at the plant, the lack of equipment that could detect extremely high radiation, just mind boggling. 

To this day one of the most radioactive places on earth is the hospital basement where the Russian firefighters were taken after radiation exposure.  Firefighter suits were thrown down there and remain still (I believe).

5 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

To this day one of the most radioactive places on earth is the hospital basement where the Russian firefighters were taken after radiation exposure.  Firefighter suits were thrown down there and remain still (I believe).

I heard that with Chernobyl itself, Russian authorities simply filled in the entire facility with concrete and walked away (or something to that effect).

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:59 PM, gotbeer said:

Avengers:  End Game.  Finally was able to see it.  Annoying kid whinning through the entire movie.  Then the English feed went out right at the start of the big battle.  But outside of that, was enjoyable.  Some minor things I didn't like.  Like how everyone was handling the infinity stones like they were nothing.  And they seemed to be going really heavy to go PC.  But it definitely did intertwine all of the movies and made for a very good end to phase 3.  Worth seeing in the movies, especially if you are invested in the other Avengers movies.

Finally saw it Saturday, 3 hours seemed more like 2 hours, that's how good it was.

John Wick:  Parabelum  Just a good ole shoot em up.  Lot's of violence.  Lot's of gore.  I also noticed that Wick doesn't fight fair, and nut shots quite often.  And Halle Berry was kick ass.  She should have been in the movie more.  So if you want a mindless, just enjoying bloodshed, kill kill kill with continuing fight scenes.  This movie is for you.  

Watched the first two episodes of Chernobyl last night, and it is really good. Heck of a story that leaves one pretty angry at some of the things that are overlooked/dismissed/mis-reported by characters in the story. If that’s the way it really happened, then wow. 

My only issue with the show is that most of the main characters are speaking English with a British accent, but then some parts are in Russian (or Ukrainian). Inconsistencies like that are always odd choices to me. It’s one of the things that Narcos proved can be done correctly (meaning doing a show for an English-speaking audience that is primarily in another language) without insulting the audience or taking away from the story.

Holy crap the cast of Catch 22 is absolutely incredible. I remember watching parts of this too damn many years ago but didn't pay attention. Every face is recognizable. Every character has had a long career.

Except, of course, Art Garfunkel.  

On 5/21/2019 at 12:22 PM, Don said:

Watched the first two episodes of Chernobyl last night, and it is really good. Heck of a story that leaves one pretty angry at some of the things that are overlooked/dismissed/mis-reported by characters in the story. If that’s the way it really happened, then wow. 

My only issue with the show is that most of the main characters are speaking English with a British accent, but then some parts are in Russian (or Ukrainian). Inconsistencies like that are always odd choices to me. It’s one of the things that Narcos proved can be done correctly (meaning doing a show for an English-speaking audience that is primarily in another language) without insulting the audience or taking away from the story.

Nah, anything is better than a forced fake Russian accent.

Been watching the The Wire.

Coming to the end of season 2. Really enjoying this show and I hope it keeps up for the entire 5 seasons.

Also been watching The Vikings to break things up. Almost to the end of season 1

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Been watching the The Wire.

Coming to the end of season 2. Really enjoying this show and I hope it keeps up for the entire 5 seasons.

Also been watching The Vikings to break things up. Almost to the end of season 1

Re: The Wire - it does. one of my all-time favorites

Re:  Vikings - it took me a while to get into it, but ended up enjoying it. 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

Just finished S2 of Killing Eve. Has anyone else watched this show? 

How about The Frankenstein Chronicles?

Yes to the Frankenstein Chronicles.  Yes it was a strange series.   Still on the fence on it.  So that should tell you something, considering who it's coming from.

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yes to the Frankenstein Chronicles.  Yes it was a strange series.   Still on the fence on it.  So that should tell you something, considering who it's coming from.

I'm out.

jk just watched watched a couple of episodes and really liked them. 

21 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm out.

jk just watched watched a couple of episodes and really liked them. 

I watched it and liked it.

I enjoy foreign period series.