Brandon

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

6,517 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2019 at 3:59 PM, HaloJustinBieber said:

To this day one of the most radioactive places on earth is the hospital basement where the Russian firefighters were taken after radiation exposure.  Firefighter suits were thrown down there and remain still (I believe).

Havent watched this yet, now ill have to.

A friend of mine went there few years back. Its high on my list. Very photogenic. 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:05 PM, Taylor said:

Rocketman is a phenomenal movie. It blows Bohemian Rhapsody out of the water. 

Loved both movies.   Ty Eggerton better have a strong chance of winning an Oscar.    Both Elton and Bernie Taupin were blown away by how good Rocketman was.

Spoiler

His singing was off the charts, and the portrayal was so good.    The actor portraying Bernie Taupin was really good too.   

I saw Dark Phoenix a couple days ago. Better than expected based on the bad reviews, and far better than the previous disastrous attempt at a Phoenix movie (if you're an X-nerd).

Re-watched Lars and the Real Girl. Great, touching film. Ryan Gosling is a strong actor.

Watched I am Mother on Netflix. Excellent, although not great, SF film.

Extinction on Netflix was mediocre, but more like a solid SyFy channel TV movie than a feature film.

Captive State was pretty good but not great. Felt a bit like a rough draft that needed further work.

Sash Baron Cohen's Who Is America? was hilarious, as always.

On March 28, 2019 at 10:00 AM, Lou said:

image.gif

along with guys like John Luther, Omar Little and Alfie Solomons, one of my favorite tv characters ever. 

Add Villanelle from Killing Eve to the list 

Posted (edited)

Netflix:  3% Season 3.  Kind of a slow start.  PIcks up towards the end.  But not as good as the other seasons.  If you invested in the first 2 seasons, this would be worth it just for the play to season 4.

Up next.  Designated Survivor.  Going to binge it from the beginning.

Oh and F ABC for dropping it and keeping Bachelor.  Sorry Blarg.

Edited by gotbeer

I know it was only recently released (1969) but I finally got around to watching Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid earlier this evening. Not too shabby. Didn’t recognize Clovis Leachman or Katherine Ross at all.

talk about going out in a blaze of glory...

On 3/2/2019 at 10:28 PM, Brandon said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned previously, but anyone watching The Start Up

Have you watched this?

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

After Life. Netflix. Ricky Gervais.  Season consists of 6 30 min episodes.

Brilliant.

Yeah, someone (NJHalo) recommended it a while back. I thought it was great. 

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  3% Season 3.  Kind of a slow start.  PIcks up towards the end.  But not as good as the other seasons.  If you invested in the first 2 seasons, this would be worth it just for the play to season 4.

Up next.  Designated Survivor.  Going to binge it from the beginning.

Oh and F ABC for dropping it and keeping Bachelor.  Sorry Blarg.

Designated survivor was very good for 5 episodes and then it went to shit. 

The Bachelor has been the highest rated show on Monday nights for over a decade. Scoreboard.

On 6/12/2019 at 12:58 AM, Lou said:

Have you watched this?

Not yet, but sports are going to slow down. I see it's still rated highly.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Not yet, but sports are going to slow down. I see it's still rated highly.

I started watching it. Pretty good so far. I'll probably binge it over the next few days 

I Am Mother on Netflix... definitely a solid rec for scifi fans. This is a post-apocalyptic story about an automated repopulation facility triggered in the event of a cataclysm. The story follows the first child born in the facility and her robotic 'mother.' There is a lot to like here in terms of premise and some interesting questions raised about the relationship between humanity and our technology. Ultimately it doesn't quite have what it takes to pay off those questions with satisfying enough answers to elevate the film beyond a general recommendation.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:05 PM, Taylor said:

Rocketman is a phenomenal movie. It blows Bohemian Rhapsody out of the water. 

I agree. It was really well done and entertaining.  Probably a strong contender for some Oscars.

House sitting for someone who has every cable channel and started watching Warrior on Cinemax on demand last night.  Read that it's based on a Bruce Lee concept and it's created by the guy who does Banshee which I've seen mentioned on here.  About a martial artist who travels from China to San Francisco in the 1800's after the civil war looking for his sister and ends up working for one of the Tongs.  2 episodes in and so far it's entertaining just isn't for everyone - lots of cussing, racism, time spent in brothels and some brutal deaths.  

41 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

so far it's entertaining just isn't for everyone - lots of cussing, racism, time spent in brothels and some brutal deaths.  

I don't want to know the person who doesn't enjoy those things