Sign in to follow this  
RallyMo

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

1,021 posts in this topic

At this point I'd be happy with a 7-9 season and some improved play from the o-line.  This year is looking pretty terrible right now.

Is it time for the Chargers to let go Rivers & Matthews and just start all over on offense after this rough year they're about to have?

Doesn't matter who is back there if the O-line continues to be horrible.  Let them soak up some of the punishment while it gets better.  But yeah, I think Rivers is pretty much done and Matthews will always be nothing more than a glorified backup.

If the running game can get going it will take a lot of pressure off of Rivers.  Fluker looks to be a great blocker when it comes to the run.  Hopefully Mathews can stay healthy and hang onto the ball.

I miss Tomlinson.  He was so fun to watch.

You guys have no faith. Our D looks very good though we lack depth. McCoy helped take Tebow to the playoffs. We will be fighting for the playoffs

We may be fighting for the playoffs, but with likely no better than an 8-8/9-7 record, and I seriously doubt that.  I am more than willing to run Whitehurst or Sorenson out there for 16 if we were to be able to draft Bridgewater next year and continue to address the Left Tackle position.  We'd then have Ingram back at full strength too.  Sometimes one must take one step back to go two forward.

How is Dan DiPalma doing? He grew up down the street from me.

Never really got a chance with the Giants

Nice kid, I hope he catches on.

He went on IR. I think he had a solid chance of making the team

5-6 wins and third place. Someone mentioned the basement, but the Raiders and their no QB situation will be the worst team in the league.

I've been saying all along Matthews is a bust and think you guys are coming around in the idea a few years later. Right up there with McFadden and Knoshawn (sp?) Moreno.

I never thought Matthews would be anything better than a league average (or in baseball lingo, 0.0 WAR) RB.  However, I didn't expect him to be this bad.  Yeah, the lack of running game the last two years has really hurt this team, which of course is also related to the O-line problems.  

Meh.