AngelsWin.com

New to the AngelsWin.com Community? Introduce yourself here!

472 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, new guy here. Life long Angels fan, grew up an Angels fan. I live in LA county but love my Angels and hate the Dodgers. My fav all time player, is of course, the King Fish.

I am also a Ducks fan, die hard Packer fan, and my favorite college team is West Virginia University. Yes, despite living in LA county all my life, I don't like a single LA team haha.

 

Already been to 1 game this year, opening week, and hoping to go to a few more before the end of the season. good to be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fighterpilot562 said:

Hello everyone, new guy here. Life long Angels fan, grew up an Angels fan. I live in LA county but love my Angels and hate the Dodgers. My fav all time player, is of course, the King Fish.

I am also a Ducks fan, die hard Packer fan, and my favorite college team is West Virginia University. Yes, despite living in LA county all my life, I don't like a single LA team haha.

 

Already been to 1 game this year, opening week, and hoping to go to a few more before the end of the season. good to be here.

@fighterpilot562 thanks for sharing your interests and welcome to AngelsWin.com

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Go Angels!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New to the forum (obviously)...needed to find a place for Angels Fan news and discussions since MLB.com shut down their Angels fan forum. I was born an raised a few miles from the Big A and have been a fan for a very long time (too include the baby blue 90's). Loved watching Nolan Ryan, Frank Tanana and Reggie when I was a little leaguer....Glad I found this site!!!

image.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AVAngelsFan said:

New to the forum (obviously)...needed to find a place for Angels Fan news and discussions since MLB.com shut down their Angels fan forum. I was born an raised a few miles from the Big A and have been a fan for a very long time (too include the baby blue 90's). Loved watching Nolan Ryan, Frank Tanana and Reggie when I was a little leaguer....Glad I found this site!!!

image.gif

Welcome to AngelsWin @AVAngelsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a member of the forum now for quite a few years now but I rarely post so might as well introduce myself as a noob. I'm from Wales (that's part of the UK for you geographically challenged yanks ;)) but have lived in Sweden for the last 20 years. I discovered baseball back in the late 80s when football (the American kind) became a cult sport on one of the TV channels in the UK. The same channel started showing the baseball and as a Rams fan I plumped for the Angels as they played in the same stadium. Baseball never caught on and disappeared from the airwaves as did my very basic interest. Fast forward to 2006 and I discovered that I had a satellite channel that broadcast live and recorded baseball as part of my TV package. I was hooked pretty quickly this time as there is something about the game that appeals to my psyche. I decided to stick with the Halos and here I am. It's a pain that most of the games take place in the middle of the night but most mornings I am able to catch the last few innings.

Edited by RatsoRizzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2016 at 4:35 AM, RatsoRizzo said:

I've been a member of the forum now for quite a few years now but I rarely post so might as well introduce myself as a noob. I'm from Wales (that's part of the UK for you geographically challenged yanks ;)) but have lived in Sweden for the last 20 years. I discovered baseball back in the late 80s when football (the American kind) became a cult sport on one of the TV channels in the UK. The same channel started showing the baseball and as a Rams fan I plumped for the Angels as they played in the same stadium. Baseball never caught on and disappeared from the airwaves as did my very basic interest. Fast forward to 2006 and I discovered that I had a satellite channel that broadcast live and recorded baseball as part of my TV package. I was hooked pretty quickly this time as there is something about the game that appeals to my psyche. I decided to stick with the Halos and here I am. It's a pain that most of the games take place in the middle of the night but most mornings I am able to catch the last few innings.

Lets hope one day you can come out to Anaheim and attend a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2016 at 4:35 AM, RatsoRizzo said:

I've been a member of the forum now for quite a few years now but I rarely post so might as well introduce myself as a noob. I'm from Wales (that's part of the UK for you geographically challenged yanks ;)) but have lived in Sweden for the last 20 years. I discovered baseball back in the late 80s when football (the American kind) became a cult sport on one of the TV channels in the UK. The same channel started showing the baseball and as a Rams fan I plumped for the Angels as they played in the same stadium. Baseball never caught on and disappeared from the airwaves as did my very basic interest. Fast forward to 2006 and I discovered that I had a satellite channel that broadcast live and recorded baseball as part of my TV package. I was hooked pretty quickly this time as there is something about the game that appeals to my psyche. I decided to stick with the Halos and here I am. It's a pain that most of the games take place in the middle of the night but most mornings I am able to catch the last few innings.

I think I'd like watching a really late night Angels game tbh but I'm a night owl by nature so.... :D  Welcome to you and the rest of our newcomers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My name is William (Bill) Baxter, I'm 61,  and I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I work as a Civilian Contract Worker out at the U.S. Army Post at Fort Carson (just outside Colorado Springs). I just celebrated my 25th-Silver Anniversary as a Member of Toastmasters International. I am a Fan of the Colorado Springs Sky Sox (Minor League), and the Denver Broncos. I did live in Orange County, CA; most of my life and so I am also a Fan of the Anaheim Ducks. I saw that there is an NFL Forum and an NHL Forum where one can post about the Anaheim Ducks and the Denver Broncos, so I would definitely like to post here once in awhile. 

cs.jpg

1348739724_a98a59f2a5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2016 at 11:49 PM, fighterpilot562 said:

I am also a Ducks fan, die hard Packer fan, and my favorite college team is West Virginia University. Yes, despite living in LA county all my life, I don't like a single LA team haha.

But you just said you liked the L.A. Angels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I registered 2 years ago. I'm just getting around to posting. Angel fan since '75. It was Tanana and Ryan and two days for cryin'. When I was a kid, I told myself to pick one team and stick with them forever. Angels, Rams and Lakers. My best memory is when we won game 3 of the ALDS. I called Salmon's homer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanana Daiquiri said:

I registered 2 years ago. I'm just getting around to posting. Angel fan since '75. It was Tanana and Ryan and two days for cryin'. When I was a kid, I told myself to pick one team and stick with them forever. Angels, Rams and Lakers. My best memory is when we won game 3 of the ALDS. I called Salmon's homer.

Welcome to AW, @Tanana Daiquiri

Let me know if you need help maximizing your experience here, or if you have any questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2016 at 5:13 PM, Chuckster70 said:

 

Yeah, I love GA.... but nor he or Tim Salmon (my favorite player) is worthy of the Hall. 

That is true. You know, Pujols may decide yet

to dawn an Angels Uniform when he enters the hall because of the way St. Louis treated him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2016 at 9:34 AM, Blarg said:

No way in hell. Pujols Angels career has been a disaster both for him and the Angels. His legacy belongs in a Cardinals uniform. 

You may be right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been an Angels fan since the mid 60's. My dad was a Dodgers fan and I just wanted my own team to root for. Been going to spring training since the mid 90's. Saw Jim Abbott running the bases on his double in Scottsdale. Been to every spring training park in the Cactus League even the ones not in use anymore, Tucson and Chandler. I go to couple dozen Inland Empire 66ers games and have been to every California League park in the southern division.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All-

 

Angels fan since 1986.  Glad to be on this site finally.  But I wanted to come on to ask a question that perhaps has been asked a million times here but I really need to know....why did we let go of so much talent like Lackey, Napoli, K-Rod, and on and on.  Now, most of you may think they weren't worth it or they left on their own but I"m not too sure.  I see them performing well on other clubs yet there I was sitting yesterday in section 105 watching a minor league team.  It was frustrating and made me ask myself if our run in the early 2000's was a fluke at a time when there wasn't any dominate ball club (this can be inaccurate but going off what I remember).  What are your thoughts?  It just sucks watching our team lose while other players we should have kept are on good teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to have you here. I try and make as many 66ers games as possible to see our future stars in training. We should have pretty good squad this year. Make sure to keep us informed of any promotions going on at the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now