OregonLAA

The Official Los Angeles Clippers Thread

449 posts in this topic

With the Prigioni signing we're probably done and pretty easy to say it was a successful offseason. A starting five of Paul, Redick, Pierce, Griffin and Jordan is up there with the best and now we have a probable bench rotation of Stephenson, Crawford, Johnson, Smith, Rivers, Aldrich and Prigioni. That is way stronger and infinitely more flexible than last year.

I was pretty happy with that for an opening night performance with so many new faces. The starters did what they always do and the bench showed me quite a bit, even though Johnson and Smith both had really off nights and Pierce did little until the final quarter. We dominated the game for 3.5 quarters, so as frustrating as it was to let them back into it they really just started hitting all their shots and had a whole bunch of stuff go their way. Far from perfect, but not bad either. Bigger challenges to come in the not too distant future.

Clippers miss Matt Barnes. Stephenson is garbage and Pierce is to old. Barnes did so well moving without the ball. He can score 10 a night without ever dribbling. He is also a very good rebounder for a guard, a plus defender and a good enough three point shooter that you have to guard him. He also cuts well if you are not paying attention to him.

Wow.

I wouldn't be mad if the clippers traded him

It puts them in a seriously hard position. If this was, say, Lance or Wes, they would never play for the Clippers again. Instead this is a guy a massive part of our future is built around. I can't f'n believe it.

I worry this could mean we drop to the fifth or sixth seed as well. A first round matchup against Okc without home court advantage would be as disastrous as it gets.

ESPN said that there may be talks between the Clippers and the Thunder about a deal involving Kevin Durant. OKC has pretty much zero chance of re-signing Durant. Griffin played at Oklahoma and would be a local favorite.