OregonLAA

The Official Los Angeles Clippers Thread

422 posts in this topic

I don't really care if they make it to the 2nd round or not. As long as they kicked the Lickers asses in sweeping the season series. I am happy.

And that is the difference between the Lakers and the Clippers.

Lakers play for championships. Clippers play to beat the Lakers.

Five straight wins and an impressive road win against Memphis to take control of the 4th seed. They just need to win at home vs. Portland and on the road against SAC to get the 4th seed against Memphis in the playoffs. Also, they still have a chance to take the 3rd seed from Denver. 

Easy win over Memphis in game 1 (112-91). Memphis is strong up the middle with Gasol and Randolph, but they don't have the shooters to hang with the Clippers. The  Clippers dominated on the boards and their bench was great (as usual).   

I've been saying it all year guys: championship or bust. If we don't win a championship, it will be yet another embarrassment for the long-suffering franchise that we all love so much.

Merely tasting a small amount of the glory that Lakers fans have come to expect from their organization via one or two series wins will be an absolute failure. Yes, I know that would be considered a step forward but it will be completely a completely empty one. We will have to continue to stare at the endless glut of championship banners in the place that we call our home without having a banner to call our own. It will be a reminder as to the never ending futility of our beloved Clipper ships, born in beautiful San Diego.

We MUST win it all or we shall continue to hang our heads.

THIS IS OUR YEAR. THIS IS OUR TIME. CHAMPIONSHIP OR GO HOME!

OGAAT...

GO CLIPS GO!

Wow going to go out in the same round as the Lakers? Embarrassing.....

The great lakers franchise making it farther in the clippers again?  not surprising.  especially with all the preseason hype with 4 hall of famers in the starting lineup

Wow. What a failure. Looks like we don't even need to worry about where in Staples Center we'd hang the paper certificate we'd have received for making out of the first round.

What trade for a better center is coming?  Are you considering acquiring Garnett and moving him to C that trade or something else?  Curious because C isn't the strongest position in the NBA and can't imagine some of the top guys are available or that they would be cheap.

Possibly and knowing he's a Clipper fan that's why I asked. The one time mentioned deal of Bledsoe & Griffin for Howard seems like the Lakers should make that before the Clippers can change their minds.  Even if it's just Griffin I'd love to see the Lakers do that and hope Griffin develops into a more complete player.  Regardless I'm curious how Clipper fans feel about getting someone like Howard at the expense of one or two of their younger players.