Sign in to follow this  
angelduck

The Oilers are still horrible

298 posts in this topic

Hey at least your Ducks get to feast on em more often next season!

The frustrating thing about this is that the organization really believes that every answer to this team's problems lies within the organization. Fire Renney as head coach, promise a widespread coaching search before settling on Renney's assistant in Ralph Krueger. Fire Tambo, hire his assistant MacT. Bring Howson BACK TO THE ORGANIZATION, promote him almost immediately. Then expect the fans to ignore this nonsense because "Hey look at all this talent! Rebuild! Rebuild! Rebuild!"

I love the logo and love the players but my God I hate the organization. I will say that I'll take MacT over Tambo at least.

That should be the final event at Rexall Place before it's closed down- Lowe vs. Burke.  Winner is President of Hockey Operations.  Sure, the loser either way would be us Oilers fans but that sure would be entertaining.

Operation mini-tankjob in full effect.  At least it's an abbreviated version this year.  I guess it would be called Operation Tankjob 3 1/2.

No problem! We'll go ahead and pencil in an appointment for next year, same time and see if we can help again. The Ducks and Kings will be the only other teams I will be able to be happy for winning that division next season.

I almost hope, with how they're doing the draft lottery this year (everyone who doesn't make the playoffs has a chance), that the Oilers get the first overall pick.  It would be a joke the likes of which only the Joker  would conceive. (The Joker from the 60s TV show, every other Joker would let the Oilers get the pick, and then brutally murder him, but I digress)

I can't express how happy that would make me. All four Panthers fans would ragequit the NHL and pack the moving vans for Quebec City.

Kinda reminds me of this:

My boys are giving me one last thing to cheer about this year.  I despise four teams- Vancouver, Calgary, Philadelphia, and Minnesota.  Up 5-0 on these Wild clowns halfway through the second period.  And Khabi is in net.  Is this real life????

Yak with his second of the night!  6-0!  In a way, Nail scored twice tonight for those pissed off Columbus fans up there in that video.

Yak ends his season with a Hat Trick!  Boy I hope he wins the Calder. In an 82 game season he'd be the runaway winner.  Kid has been on fire.

There's no better way to end this season than beating up on the Nucks, B-Team or not.  We'll be back next year, improved.  I think it's gonna be ok, I have a lot more faith in MacTavish than I did Tambo.  I'm still not thrilled with the lack of a GM search, but I'll have faith until MacT proves otherwise.

All of you Ducks and Kings fans, thanks a lot for stopping by occasionally and keeping me company here.  Good luck to both of your squads.  I hope to come hang out in your threads during the playoffs.

GO OILERS!!!!

Problem with the Oilers is they have been drafting so high for so long.  Now all they have is a bunch of flashy skilled players with no meat or grit.  They need some nasty!

Ralph Krueger has been fired as head coach of the Edmonton Oilers, according to TSN. No replacement has been named, but Dallas Eakins, coach of the Toronto Marlies is the favorite.

Personally, I think Todd Nelson of the OKC Barons has earned a promotion.

Well, looks like I won't need to start a new thread with a different title anytime soon. MacTavish goes all Tambellini and trades Magnus Paajarvi and a 2nd round pick for David Perron.

Once again the Canucks show that they're a team full of scumbags and floppers. Zack Kassian breaks Sam Gagner's jaw with a completely unnecessary stick to the face.

As a result, MacT has brought Steve MacIntyre back, claiming him off waivers from the Penguins. On October 5th, MacIntyre BETTER be wearing one of the following players' skin as a suit:

1. Zack Kassian

2. Alex Burrows

3. Kevin Bieksa

4. Either flopping Sedin creep.

The only good Nuck is Luongo since he doesn't want to be in Vancouver anyway.

I think the Oilers will be improved this year. Their young stars are getting better and better (Hall already broke out), and I like the Perron trade even though I was a big Paajarvi fan. I think Perron can provide a veteran presence that the Oilers desperately need in their top 6.

Hall-RNH-Eberle

Yakupov-Gagner-Perron

Should be a hell of a lot of fun to watch at the very least...

Couldn't agree more about the Perron/Paajarvi trade. My fiancée was heartbroken because Paajarvi was her favorite player but Perron is a little more seasoned and like you said, that's exactly what the Oilers need. Just gotta tread water until RNH and Gagner get back.

Trouba was unreal. 25:02 TOI, 1G, 1A, 4 blocks. Kid seemed like he was everywhere. Quite a young defenseman you've got there!

Yeah I was impressed. He's a big boy, he just about took Hall's head off in the third but Hall was able to dodge it.