Punk

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

3,438 posts in this topic

Brandon    4,894

watched last night. looks like my Jason Kidd comparison wasn't too far off. like what I'm seeing out of this kid, granted it's only summer league.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lou said:

That would be nothing more than a guess, which imo, is far from him reporting that they are " seriously considering" it. 

How many times have 2 or 3 superstar players who share the same agent, signed with the same team? 

I don't disagree - it's merely speculation that gives Simmons something to write about and the type of stuff that seems to fuel too many sports writers these days.  In the end it works because you've got people on here and people out in the real world talking about it.

• Like 2

Lou    9,787
On July 12, 2017 at 8:14 AM, hangin n wangin said:

It's all a circus ran by Lebron James.

So it was Lebron that orchestrated Durant signing with Golden State? 

Well, that wasn't very smart of him. 

• Like 1

AngelsLakersFan    3,083
8 hours ago, Brandon said:

watched last night. looks like my Jason Kidd comparison wasn't too far off. like what I'm seeing out of this kid, granted it's only summer league.

I have been really impressed with his ability to get boards... and steals too.

Brandon    4,894

To be fair, and this needs to stop, he's getting his steals off his own turnovers in transition.

Angel Oracle    5,538

Have to remember that he is a year younger in college experience than Magic was.

Lonzo has the same one year than Russell had in college.   The difference is of course in their styles of play.

Lonzo's passing will be much more attractive to FAs, and more chances of team success, than Russell's shoot first game.

Let them grow as a team this season, then add George and if possible one other premium FA.

I am then hopeful of them seeing the 2019 post-season. 

• Like 2

Brandon    4,894

lonzo is going to be his own dude even though people will compare him to others. I got back into basketball last year and really look forward to this season to see who or if they take the next step. it's la and they will have cap space (especially if they can get rid of dengs contract), but no one will want to play here if they suck and it's a "rebuilding" time still after a few years of trying to do so. team should compete if they stay healthy.

• Like 1

Tank    9,418
On 7/12/2017 at 6:27 AM, nando714 said:

Guy is actually pretty good. Only 24, 35% from 3 point land, and plays defense. Idk what Detroit was thinking. 

If he's making more than mike Trout, that tells you how wacky the salary scale is in the NBA.

• Like 1

Tank    9,418

Can't sleep so I watched sports center for a bit. They had a graphic showing what shoes Ball has worn for each game.

I'm not kidding.

• Like 2

Brandon    4,894
14 hours ago, Tank said:

If he's making more than mike Trout, that tells you how wacky the salary scale is in the NBA.

nbc make more than mlb, plus teams only need to pay about 12 guys while mlb is what 25 or 40?

Lou    9,787
20 hours ago, Tank said:

Can't sleep so I watched sports center for a bit. They had a graphic showing what shoes Ball has worn for each game.

I'm not kidding.

They are just trolling ESPN now 

Angel Oracle    5,538

It's only Summer League, but it helps to begin to put the mindset to win in the minds of the youngsters.

Kuzma will be intriguing to watch as the season progresses later on.  Seems to have a well balanced sneaky smooth game and solid motor.

HaloNArizona    149

L.A. Agrees To Two-Year Deal With Tyler Ennis

The Los Angeles Lakers have been looking to bring in a backup point guard for the past couple of weeks. After striking out on veteran Derrick Rose the Lakers have found their guy and it is a familiar face.

According to ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne the Lakers have agreed to a two-year deal with Tyler Ennis to return to the team:

Lakers have agreed to a one-year minimum contract with Tyler Ennis. Team option on Year 2, per league source.

— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) July 25, 2017

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-l-a-agrees-to-two-year-deal-with-tyler-ennis/2017/07/25/

Angel Oracle    5,538

Pacers file a tampering complaint against the Lakers over PG.

Valid?  Or Sour Grapes over needing to trade PG?

Uhh, Pacifier Pacers, Victor Oladipo is an AS caliber player.  It's not like you traded PG for gumballs!