Punk

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

4,965 posts in this topic

Lakers are making the playoffs.  They're struggling against below average teams, but they're still getting the wins.  And Utah is an absolute joke right now and about to choke the 8th seed away.

And another victory, this time over Chicago.

33-31, including 16 wins in 22 games

Pass Utah into 8th, 1 game in back of 7th place Houston and ONLY 2 games in back of 6th place Golden State who is slumping.

Lakers/Clippers in round 1, anyone?

1-10 vs okc, san, lac and heat, teams they will be playing in the playoffs. Beating other teams is great but gotta show you can beat the big boys.

To the Lakers credit, I think they had a full roster for 2 of those games. And they were 1-1 in those two.

Kobe Bryant moved up to #2 in the MVP ladder.

Do you think Kobe has a chance to win it if the Lakers continue to climb the ladder?

If the Lakers finish strong, I wouldn't want to be OKC, SA, LAC or Memphis and having to take on a playoff experienced group like the Lakers.  The Lakers could (not likely, but could) be the 94'-95' era Houston Rockets coming into the playoffs hot and gelling and make a superior push from a lower seed.

I have a feeling this team will be playing great basketball in the playoffs. Well that's if they hold on to a playoff spot.

They seem to get better as the season goes on. Especially Dwight Howard. He's been great this second half.