Punk

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

4,417 posts in this topic

What happens when Gasol returns in 2-3 weeks?    Come off the bench?   Replace Clark in the lineup? 

I'd seriously consider bringing him off of the bench, but also cut Clark's minutes some as he's starting to tire some.

Are any Laker fans worried Gasol coming back will hurt the rotations and chemistry?

Thought about it, but nope. Not worried.

I read an interview with D'Antoni where he said he feels like Earl Clarke has "hit a wall." He thinks teams have figured him out. I think he may start a couple of games after Pau gets back, but Pau will be in the starting lineup within a few games.

I am moderately concerned about Pau's return and the effect on our rotations.  However, we only have a 3-man bench essentially so anytime you can add a skilled big man like Pau at this stage in the season it's a plus.  If he returns within the next week or two, he would still get 10-14 games to acclimate.  It's all good!

He stepped forward right into his midsection to be sure that he was underneath him while he was in the air. He never jumped to contest the shot. Made no effort to whatsoever. He walked right into him and stopped and waited for him to land. If he didn't mean to do it, he would have looked back to see if he was ok. But he didn't. Why? Because he knew exactly what he was doing.

Dirty play. No way around it.

Kobe kicked out his leg while he was in the air too. Guys step under shooters all the time. But if Laker fans want to be mad about it, so be it. Can't wait until Kobe gets his "revenge" on a bench player on a mediocre team next year

Kobe kicked out his leg while he was in the air too. Guys step under shooters all the time. But if Laker fans want to be mad about it, so be it. Can't wait until Kobe gets his "revenge" on a bench player on a mediocre team next year

So you're telling me that this is a natural move? Especially with a guy fading.

kobehurt3.gif

He didn't even jump. Just tried to slide under. 

How else was he supposed to contest the shot?  He knew Kobe was going to fade away so he had no choice but to move towards Kobe to get a hand in his face.

The only reason why he didn't 'jump' was to avoid landing awkwardly on Kobe and hurting himself.