Angel Oracle

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

3,883 posts in this topic

we got back this afternoon from a week in carlsbad. our house was 51* and the electricity wasn't working in half the house. called our electrician and he came out promptly. discovered all of the stuff on our end was fine so he called the city. glendale sent out a crew almost immediately. there was a bad wire from the pole to our house. took them a couple of hours to fix it and saw a few branches off of some troubling trees, but that did the trick and our power was restored. we are enjoying our heater tonight as never before.

20 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Awwwwwwwwwww.

Is it chilly and wet in Socal for a day or 2?...you poor suffering people!

Somebody ought to do something. 

We thought about sacrificing AO to the Sun God.  But instead we decided to turn on our heaters when we aren't home to contribute to global warming instead.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

14-day forecast shows average high of 63 degrees, average low of 52. Only significant rain chance is this coming Friday.

Sorry, AO. We know how you like the rain so much.

What forecast are you looking at? All I've heard about is how much we're getting dumped on this weekend.

7 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Damn microclimates.

funny you mention this. when we were in carlsbad last week, the local news from san diego kept referring to their microclimates in the weather report. that seemed really odd to me.

Snowing balls here currently. Supposed to continue through tomorrow afternoon. Could make the Chiefs game pretty interesting tomorrow.

C708FB2B-9B72-4A23-96AC-0352B915659A.png

On 1/7/2019 at 9:52 PM, Tank said:

funny you mention this. when we were in carlsbad last week, the local news from san diego kept referring to their microclimates in the weather report. that seemed really odd to me.

How many times did they mention Scripps or Kearney Mesa?

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

How many times did they mention Scripps or Kearney Mesa?

Only once.

but Poway was like super important to everything.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, Lhalo said:

What forecast are you looking at? All I've heard about is how much we're getting dumped on this weekend.

I think it was AccuWeather. Forecasts can change on a dime. Nobody can really predict the weather precisely more than a couple days in advance.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

6 to 8 inches forecast in SoCal over the next five days. This forecast is legit. Heavy rain has already started.

Everyone pray for FS and Bixby Knolls.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, Tank said:

Only once.

but Poway was like super important to everything.

Reminded me of Lee Butter Knife Hamilton's old show, where he's chimes in about lack of calls....

"Oceanside, Rancho Bernardo, POWAYYYYY...I have 10 open lines, do I have to dial the phone for you?!"

14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Reminded me of Lee Butter Knife Hamilton's old show, where he's chimes in about lack of calls....

"Oceanside, Rancho Bernardo, POWAYYYYY...I have 10 open lines, do I have to dial the phone for you?!"

that was my intent, buddy.

15 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

RIP am690