Angel Oracle

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

3,869 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2019 at 10:10 AM, Lhalo said:

Crazy rain yesterday. Probably the hardest I’ve driven in other than coming back from Hana in a tropical storm. 

Here in Oregon we call that Tuesday.

So far, only a few showers on Sunday and mainly Wednesday and Thursday, and otherwise nothing for the next 10 days in SoCal

Even I would be happy to have two straight weeks of no rain at this point, already approaching the norm for the entire year.  

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

So far, only a few showers on Sunday and mainly Wednesday and Thursday, and otherwise nothing for the next 10 days in SoCal

Even I would be happy to have two straight weeks of no rain at this point, already approaching the norm for the entire year.  

You do not have any right to complain.  This should be a bannable offense.  

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!!

On 2/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Crazy up here in Arrowhead, been pounded with rain and slushy snow for about a month now, got about 16" of snow early last week, then about 6" more yesterday.  Pretty awesome but I could use a couple weeks of sunshine, instead gonna be a shit show later this week with a bunch of rain in the forecast.

1133404845_2019-02-1111_46_27.thumb.jpg.66494ae5441fa833bf054881a501d58b.jpg

20 hours ago, well_red said:

Crazy up here in Arrowhead, been pounded with rain and slushy snow for about a month now, got about 16" of snow early last week, then about 6" more yesterday.  Pretty awesome but I could use a couple weeks of sunshine, instead gonna be a shit show later this week with a bunch of rain in the forecast.

1133404845_2019-02-1111_46_27.thumb.jpg.66494ae5441fa833bf054881a501d58b.jpg

The prospectors on the East Fork of the San Gabriel River are saying that this year might be the once in a decade flood.  Lot's of snow up in the mountains.  Just need the sudden warm rain, and the river will be a flowing at uncrossable levels.  

And to put in perspective how much rain we've gotten.  The San Gabriel dam has been releasing water in huge amounts lately.  Something that rarely happens.  

So in other words, it's AO's fault.

On 2/11/2019 at 12:07 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Saw something last night that I have never seen here before: freezing rain. I went into the back yard last night, and the patio table was covered with ice.

That stuff sucks.  Try driving on that crap.  We get it a two or three times a year.  Might as well just stay home.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Ocean.  So the environmentalists can cry there is no water.  

it's an absolute waste not to catch it somehow. millions and millions of gallons of water that are needed for more than just lawns.

On Thursday, we had 11 straight hours of rain, and we got about 25 percent of our average annual rainfall in half a day. Also fog the likes of which I haven't seen since I left Florida. I have only seen fog here three times in 20 years, and Thursday was the worst.