Sign in to follow this  
Geoff

The Official Thread of the 2013 Denver Broncos

224 posts in this topic

They just need someone to step up on D and make the big play.  It's happened a few times this year in close games and that's what it's going to take in the playoffs as the offense should keep them in games.  I'm definitely not overconfident but looking at the rest of the playoff teams pretty much every one of them stumbled or showed weaknesses the last few weeks of the season.  Last year Denver was the favorite entering the post season and I don't really like that as the expectations are so high it makes losing that much worse.  Factor in how they lost last year and it was just brutal. 

Granted it was Houston and the Raiders but I thought Sylvester Williams and Nate Irving stepped up pretty well the past 2 games. I don't see the Chargers winning in Cincy which leaves the Colts or Chiefs, neither of which really scare me offensively. I'm more concerned over a stupid mistake or special teams play costing a critical 1st down. Stopping a team then giving up the dumb penalty is a killer. I can still see Michael Dean Perry loafing off the field against Jacksonville.

The Broncos played the same game against the chargers, that Chargers played against us last time by controlling time of possession. That's the key to beating the Patriots too. Brady doesn't make many mistakes so when he does you have to capitalize and beat them with a dull knife until they fall over.

Interesting.  The last time Brady & the Pats played a road playoff game (non-Super Bowl) was 7 years ago (Jan 21, 2007).  That's a long time.  In that game (an AFC Championship game) the Pats lost 38-34...

... to Peyton Manning and the Colts.

He's actually 37 and will turn 38 in a few months.  Regardless most players are in win now mode so if they think he gives them the best chance to do that it's not that surprising.  The players aren't GM's and I'm sure most GM's would go with somone like Luck to build a franchise around.    

No.  Have a small party at our house.  But the entire state is just Bronco-crazy!  Every station is live from the stadium.  Orange and blue everywhere.  It's a lot of fun.

Interesting.  The last time Brady & the Pats played a road playoff game (non-Super Bowl) was 7 years ago (Jan 21, 2007).  That's a long time.  In that game (an AFC Championship game) the Pats lost 38-34...

... to Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Sigh...  That was the year the Chargers chocked the divisional game away to the Pats.