fan_since79

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

2,109 posts in this topic

LOL, you have zero idea if it played a part in it or not.  

he's right - cisco is cutting jobs not because of obamacare.

but because they are behind the times wrt new technology (sdn/netvirt) which is continuing to canabalize their bread and butter (expensive routers/switches and all the closed systems they sell on top).

innovator's dilema.

damn those game-changing startups filled with super badasses.

What is NetValue?  I'm intrigued.  I pay out of pocket for my insurance and the plan I have will be cancelled with a similar plan put in affect January 1.  Unfortunately, it's going to nearly double in cost.

I want to get on a plan that allows me to see my current general practitioner.  I was told by Obama that I would still be able to see my same doctor under ACA.  How do I make sure that happens without paying extra?  Yes, I'm being serious.

What is NetValue?  I'm intrigued.  I pay out of pocket for my insurance and the plan I have will be cancelled with a similar plan put in affect January 1.  Unfortunately, it's going to nearly double in cost.

I want to get on a plan that allows me to see my current general practitioner.  I was told by Obama that I would still be able to see my same doctor under ACA.  How do I make sure that happens without paying extra?  Yes, I'm being serious.

You can enter into a sexual relationship with him/her.

So, net value is a Blue Shield plan?  Anyone know if I can just pay the fine for not getting insurance and then see my doctor?  Obviously, I'm looking for ways to pay as little as possible -- or nothing at all -- and still see my doctor of record.

How do I accomplish this?

Yea, NetValue is a Blue Shield plan. For me and my work it was always the cheapest of the Blue Shield plans but it seemed like only 5 doctors in Southern California were a part of that network. Now there are a ton of doctors that is a part of NetValue and the three different doctors that my family goes to are all now a part of NetValue, so switching over to that was a no brainer.

I can't answer your other insurance questions becaus I know insurance about as much as Scioscia knows how to manage.

I'm ignorant and haven't cared to follow biased or slanted pieces on Obamacare. But the past few days they have dominated the headlines and it looks like I need to do something or checkout a dysfunctional website.

What is a single self employed person supposed to do or look into?

Also, for you migrainers, look into gluten free diets. My buddy gets bad migraines about once a month and saw a doctor that has him on a gluten free diet for an 8-10 month period as a trial. My buddy hasn't had a migraine in many months.

I take rizatriptan.  It's a sublingual and works pretty well as long as I take it within about half-hour to hour of what I feel is a migraine coming on. I also have Imitrex but I'm not a fan of the side affects and it also doesn't always work.  I've also heard butalbital is good/strong. 

Rizatriptan (Maxalt) and sumatriptan (Imitrex) are the ones we keep on hand. Our insurance won't pay for enough of either to get my wife through the month, so her doctor wrote her a prescription for both. She used to take sumatriptan injections, which worked the fastest, but insurance cut her back to two per month. She went to the pills which are now available generically.

I am pretty close to a gluten-free diet but get pizza or something with bread now and again.  I write down everything I eat.  I really keep track of it.  I don't know if gluten-free is everything, but I think it has helped.  One major thing is that if it's really bright out and I haven't eaten enough by lunch time, I find that a migraine is likely to start up.  I really have to watch my food intake and make sure I'm eating enough but not too much and that it's the right kinds of food.

The santa ana winds aren't helpful, I've noticed.

Yeah, it's really everything. Him and I reconnected and try to grab lunch every now and then. He mentioned it and I always forget and let him pick to accommodate. Gluten is in so much and he is really good about following docs orders and it has really helped him and may be the cause since he has been migraine free ever since. He asks about everything and if the staff is unsure he has them leave it off. We had RA Sushi last time and the staff wasn't sure about a sauce they put on and he left it off, which generally contain gluten.

I didn't realize how much stuff contained gluten, not just various carbs.

I'm starting to look at gluten-free myself.    I've had borderline migranes once a month, lasting several days in up/down periods, for the past 6 years.

Well, baseball season is over now so those should go away soon. 

My buddy gets bad migraines about once a month and saw a doctor that has him on a gluten free diet for an 8-10 month period as a trial. My buddy hasn't had a migraine in many months.

I have a cousin that's in the same situation. No more gluten, no more migraines.