RallyMo

California Golden Bears Football

1,300 posts in this topic

Of course it did, but that article certainly doesn't consider the entirety of the situation as it stands nor what led to the remodel itself.

For starters, here's something that isn't even mentioned or questioned: what were the alternatives?

Apparently our QB recruit Rubenzer looked really good at The Opening yesterday.

Also, his HS will be running Franklin's system this coming year. Hopefully that has him somewhat ready to go when he comes in.

I also read that three of the incoming freshmen failed to qualify and are having to go to summer school to try to qualify.  Probably something Dykes has never had to deal with before.

That's not exactly what it seems for one of those guys, but yep, some of them didn't qualify for summer bridge. The best of the bunch is the most likely to make it. Dykes is apparently doing alright when it comes to academics since he has no room for error.

Actually, I dunno.

Man, our schedule is BRUTAL: Northwestern, Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Oregon, Stanford, Oregon State.

We could be MUCH better this year and still not qualify for a bowl.

I've read that Goff has lead, but I'm not sure how credible that is.

I know that it's not Maynard, and that's good.

With Rubenzer coming in, and Kline and Goff being there, Dykes certainly has guys available to him at QB, and he has three QBs with different strengths heading into fall camp.

Bridgford (transfer, after graduating early) and Boehm (now a WR) are out of the picture.

If Goff is up for it as a true freshman, I guess you go with him. I do wonder what Kline would do in that case, though.

...and I've read some speculation that Hinder has a great shot as well.

All we know is that we have three highly rated QBs, none of which has seen any time in a game.

This will be interesting.

Bet Treggs wishes he went to UCLA right about now.

No way. Not even close. He's captain of the Cal wagon. If he does what he needs to, he's going to see the ball a hell of a lot in Franklin's offense.

Rally, are you pulling for Mitchell Bartolo to take away carries from Bigelow considering that Bartolo is a senior and all?

Here is to hoping his knees can stay healthy.

Obviously. Also, Bigelow has proven nothing.

Btw, major props on looking at the roster for the sake of making funny.

No way. Not even close. He's captain of the Cal wagon. If he does what he needs to, he's going to see the ball a hell of a lot in Franklin's offense.

Cal wagon?

did they break up #CalGang?

Obviously. Also, Bigelow has proven nothing.

Btw, major props on looking at the roster for the sake of making funny.

bigelow's picture was on the thing they sent in the mail trying to get me to buy the lifetime stadium seat or season tickets.

thought that was kind of interesting.