nate

UCLA Football Thread

2,865 posts in this topic

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9000545/chris-kluwe-brendon-ayanbadejo-file-amicus-brief-california-favoring-same-sex-marriage

Chris Kluwe and Brendon Ayanbadejo file an amicus brief in advance of the Supreme Court ruling on Prop 8. Maybe this isn't the appropriate forum for this but I wanted to post it here. I'm very proud that I am a fan of a university that could help mold two great individuals. It probably isn't easy for these two men to defend other people's right to a lifestyle that isn't theirs and take a stand for equality. I am thrilled two Bruins are such vocal leaders in standing up for something that they (and I) believe is right.

UCLA & Coach Jim Mora support You Can Play.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1606919-ucla-head-football-coach-jim-mora-speaks-out-in-support-of-gay-players-coaches

Good stuff.  UCLA continues to be leaders.  Except when it comes to producing videos... that thing is awful.

Also, Rushel Shel a former 5* RB is transferring from Pitt to UCLA.  Big get for the Bruins.

UCLA & Coach Jim Mora support You Can Play.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1606919-ucla-head-football-coach-jim-mora-speaks-out-in-support-of-gay-players-coaches

Good stuff.  UCLA continues to be leaders.  Except when it comes to producing videos... that thing is awful.

Also, Rushel Shel a former 5* RB is transferring from Pitt to UCLA.  Big get for the Bruins.

so sweet!  

and , lol @ the videos that are produced.  I don't get how they can't do better with all the resources available.

At least the Optimists commercials are really good.

That video has Dan Guerrero written all over it.  Probably found some first year film student and offered them a free lunch.

Spring game tomorrow.

I haven't been this excited for a football season in a long time. I'm a little worried that they played over their heads a little last season and this year's schedule is brutal. I hope Hundley improves as much as it sounds like he has. If he is as good as advertised this team has a chance to play in a big time bowl. He is really going to have to carry the load more without the Mayor back there. I think he is up to the challenge. 

Some good news on Owa.  Doctors originally thought he had a torn rotator cuff in his hip but it is only frayed.  Out 2-3 months.  Could be back to start the season.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Owa news. Obviously he is a pretty good player but I think UCLA may have a legit shot at a playoff birth and having Owa in there would be great. Him getting hurt may have been a blessing in disguise but I guess I'm thrilled he's okay. Fitts can hopefully be ready to make an impact in 2 years.

As for EV: I'm not getting my hopes up. I think this is just rumor mongering but would love it if it weren't. I kind of feel sad that a guy would give up on a program before summer even starts though. I know I was a little homesick my first two weeks of college and wondered if I made the right choice. It turned out that I made the right decision and loved my experience. I was never close to leaving but I could understand why someone would want to.

The thing I worry about with this EV situation is that he would consider Cal since it is a personal issue that requires him to be close to home.

The thing I worry about with this EV situation is that he would consider Cal since it is a personal issue that requires him to be close to home.

I doubt it. I've not read a thing about Cal being somewhere he's ever really considered.

May have missed out on Kyle Allen but Vanderdoes released a statement saying he's a Bruin. 2015 is loaded with QBs out west. I know it would be nice to get KA but a DT like EV is rare in California. Plus KA can still change his mind. It's early in the process. I know it's more rare with QBs but it happens.