nate

UCLA Football Thread

2,754 posts in this topic

That's wonderful news.

Roll Tide

Dude Tauaa's injury sounds fucking awful.  ACL, MCL, PCL and displaced knee cap.  He needs three surgeries to fix it.  Mora said when they got out on the field his knee cap was way off to the side of his knee.  Gross.

UCLA at home is one of the best teams in the conference.

UCLA on the road is the worst team in the conference.

One more home game to go against Cal, there is a chance at a bowl, as undeserving as that feels.

No. 

We were the better team on the field last night, even without a slew of starters. The 3 best players were wearing blue & gold. How southern cal only managed to score 28 points while averaging under 4 yds/carry against our piss-poor defense is unbelievable. 

The Pac 12 officially sucks ass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nate said:

Get Chip Kelly on the phone

No chance. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

And on his birthday.  Savage!

I bet all of us would gladly accept $12 million bucks on our birthdays lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nando714 said:

I bet all of us would gladly accept $12 million bucks on our birthdays lol 

Fair point

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Fair point

maybe once or twice, but I appreciate a little though behind the gift.

32 minutes ago, Lou said:

Kelly's agent flying to LA 

Getting all that nfl money plus colleges in a bitting war for your services 

Not bad for him lol

1 hour ago, nando714 said:

Getting all that nfl money plus colleges in a bitting war for your services 

Not bad for him lol

His agent is a Bruin 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

No chance. 

Looks like Florida unless ucla ups the ante in the next 12 hours 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

No. 

We were the better team on the field last night, even without a slew of starters. The 3 best players were wearing blue & gold. How southern cal only managed to score 28 points while averaging under 4 yds/carry against our piss-poor defense is unbelievable. 

The Pac 12 officially sucks ass. 

Seven of those came on a punt return, so there is that. I didn't watch the entire game, but it seemed to me that UCLA outplayed USC.

4 hours ago, nando714 said:

Looks like Florida unless ucla ups the ante in the next 12 hours 

There has been so much noise from the Gator news outlets, and people who want to be Gator news outlets, that I am not sure what to believe. I have heard for more than a week that Kelly is the choice, then I heard today that he wants to talk to UCLA before deciding, then I heard that they are going all in on Scott Frost of Central Florida - that is, from the sources that don't say that Frost already has a deal in place at Nebraska. Then there are those who swear that it's Dan Mullen of Mississippi State, because Florida AD Scott Stricklin worked with Mullen at MSU.

The latest rumor is that Florida officials flew to New Hampshire today with contract in hand for Kelly to sign, and that he was to fly back with them and be announced as head coach tomorrow. As the story goes, they returned with an unsigned contract and no Coach Kelly, only an alleged confirmation of the rumor that he wants to talk to UCLA first. Then there was another source supposedly confirming the hire by Florida tonight,  but not a peep from the university.

A sidebar is that people who follow the Twitter accounts of some active players (I don't bother) say that they are posting with the same emojis, as if they know something. This is being interpreted by some as confirmation that Kelly has been hired - a leap that I wouldn't make.

I give up, until I hear that there is a press conference called in Gainesville to announce somebody. As of tonight, there is nothing on the official Athletic Department website.

I hope the next coach can finally get this team on track. UCLA football compared to USC has always felt like the Angels compared to the Dodgers. Time to change the culture.

Edited by Tank

10 hours ago, Tank said:

I hope the next coach can finally get this team on track. UCLA football compared to USC has always felt like the Angels compared to the Dodgers. Time to change the culture.

Since 1991, southern cal has one more win in the series.

You been busy? 

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

Since 1987 ucla has won 0 rose bowls , since 2000 ucla hasn’t appeared in a rose bowl game 

fixed